Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1914|
|Copyright 1||Mr. J.M.Hobson|
|Notes / History||Wandle Park lies along the river Wandle, an area rich in early industrial history. It was once the site of Wandlebank House and grounds, owned from 1791-1821 by James Perry who owned the Merton Corn Mill. Corn milling was an important industry on the Wandle from medieval times.
The land was purchased by Wimbledon Corporation for a public park and vested in the National Trust, and the park opened in 1907.
In 1910 the Mill Pond Garden was added, purchased by public subscription. Re-design of the park was undertaken through Merton Groundwork Trust and completed in 2003.