Nelson Hospital, Kingston Road, Merton Park
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Hospital staff were placed under great pressure during the war. The number of military casualties, combined with the absence of doctors on active service made it increasingly difficult to care for civilian patients.
The Nelson Hospital, which opened in 1912, helped to bridge the gap, providing invaluable treatment for the people of Merton, Morden, Mitcham and Wimbledon.
The Nelson was alos a recognised training hospital for V.A.D. nurses. (Voluntary aid detachment)