Wilson Hospital, Cranmer Road, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||1928|
|Notes / History||Photo taken immediately after completion.
Wilson Hospital was built on the site where Cranmer House once stood, opened in 1928 with donations made by the building developer Sir Isaac Wilson.
When opened it was seen as a fine hospital, with public and private wards for men, women and children.
The Princess Royal, Princess Mary carried out the opening ceremony.