Wilson Hospital, Cranmer Road, Mitcham

Wilson Hospital, Cranmer Road, Mitcham

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date 1928
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Hospitals_​5-2
Original Format Photo
Notes / History This photo was taken immediately after completion. Wilson Cottage Hospital, was opened in 1928 with donations made by the building developer Sir Isaac Wilson. It was built where Cranmer House once stood.

When opened it was seen as a fine hospital, with public and private wards for men, women and children.

The Princess Royal, Princess Mary carried out the opening ceremony.

Related items

Comments

* Required field