Wimbledon Town Hall, the Broadway
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1925|
|Copyright 1||J Russell & Sons|
|Notes / History||When Wimbledon gained its Borough Charter in 1905 the newly appointed council moved into the building that had been originally built for the Local Board of Health. Situated on the corner of Queens Road and the Broadway it quickly became too small it was not replaced until 1931. The new building, on the same site, was larger and grander with Portland stone used on the facade.
This building was eventually demolished except for the facade and incorporated into the Centre Court shopping development.