Wimbledon Town Hall: Drawing of the original building
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1878|
|Copyright 1||J Kenrick|
|Notes / History||Originally built in 1878, as offices for the Local Board of Health, this building became the Council Offices after Wimbledon obtained Borough status. Situated on the corner of Queens Road and the Broadway it remained the home of Wimbledon Council until it was demolished in 1929 and the new Council Offices built on the same site.
The original building cost £8,545 to build whilst its replacement cost £155,000. The “new” building was converted and became part of the Centre Court shopping development, with only its facade left intact.