< Prev

Wimbledon Town Hall:Merton Council Chamber

Wimbledon Town Hall:Merton Council Chamber

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1970
Area Wimbledon
Picture Reference Wim_​Local_​Government_​4-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Before moving to the Civic Centre in Morden the Council Offices were in Wimbledon, on the junction of the Broadway and Queens Road. The original building on the site, from 1878, was demolished and replaced with a Portland Stone faced building in 1931 that can be seen today as part of the Wimbledon Centre Court shopping development.

Related items

Comments

* Required field