Morden Hall Park: View of the River Wandle below the Snuff Mill

Morden Hall Park: View of the River Wandle below the Snuff Mill

Buy a print

Date Photo Taken 1st April 1913
Area Morden
Copyright 1 J.M. Hobson
Picture Reference MerMor_​OpenSpaces_​Parks_​4-3
Original Format Bromide
Photographer / Origin of Photo J.M. Hobson
Notes / History There were two mills on the Morden Hall Estate producing snuff, each with its own watermill.

These were in use until 1922 when they were closed by the owner, Gilliat Hatfeild, following a strike.

Several buildings, including the snuff mills which generated income for the estate's owners in the past, still survive.

Related items

Comments

* Required field