Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1930|
|Notes / History||This is one of a number of postcards in the collection dating from 1927 to 1930 which show the Watermeads area of the Wandle upstream of Mitcham Bridge. Watermeads was purchased for the National Trust in 1913.
The original 12 acres forming the heart of Watermeads lie on the south bank of the river, but they also include a small island and a strip of woodland on the north bank adjoining the private roadway leading to Grove Mill.
The area is now managed as a nature reserve and, in order to protect the fragile eco-system, public access is restricted.