The Bowling Green, Wimbledon Park
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1920|
|Notes / History||The original bowling club was founded at premises on
Property development started in this area in 1907 and 46 houses were soon constructed with plans to erect a further two.
When the remaining space was deemed insufficient, a bowling green was created on the corner plot and this remained in use until 1914.
The Club then moved to the premises shown here and a new green formed within the body of the park itself.