Fair Green,Mitcham: Showing Lord Napier Inn

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1900
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Collectorcard, Croydon
Picture Reference Mit_​5_​1-24
Original Format Postcard
Notes / History The now familiar striped brick exterior of the Buck’s Head can be seen in the background but it is also worth noting the building to its right. This was the Lord Napier, or ‘Roaring Donkey’, which stood near the junction with St. Mark’s Road. It is thought to have been trading up until the turn of the last century, when the sale was redeveloped to house York’s Undertakers.

Related items

Comments

* Required field