Pincott Road: The Invicta off-licence

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1953
Area Merton
Copyright 1 W.A. Cook
Picture Reference MerMor_​Streets_​Ph_​Pi_​39-4
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Run by G.F. Richmond & Son, this tiny shop on Pincott Road was one of several off-licences (called Hammerton) serving the community of South Wimbledon. Much of this area was redeveloped during the 1950’s and 60s, as part of a slum clearance programme. This area is now more familiar as part of the High Path estate.

Related items

Comments

* Required field