Kingston Road: No. 275 near Merton Rush
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||5th August 1913|
|Notes / History||The Copus family home and grocery store, Merton Rush.
The Rush was a small area just off Kingston Road, near Manor Road,
The area comprised a number of small weatherboarded cottages, some of which were converted into beer houses, grocery stores
and haulage outlets.
The name, Merton Rush is believed to derive form the existence of a stream or pond in the area.
The last old cottages at the Rush survived until 1940.