Hubert Road, Wimbledon

Hubert Road, Wimbledon

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1936
Area Wimbledon
Picture Reference Wim_​8_​4-2
Original Format Photo
Notes / History This road was named after Hubert de Burgh, 1st Earl of Kent and Chief Justiciar to King John. He sought refuge at Merton Priory in 1232, following his downfall. The road was re-named All Saints Road in 1943.

Related items

Comments

* Required field