Commonside East: Smith's Buildings

Commonside East: Smith's Buildings

Buy a copy

For prints:
Contact Merton Heritage Service. Tel.020 8545 3239 Email:

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1935
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Mitcham Photographic Stores
Picture Reference Mit_​Work_​Industry_​43-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History A row of back-to-back houses, they stood a few yards west of the Beehive public house. They were demolished in 1936 following a slum clearance order. This allowed for the bridge, that went over the railway line, to be wider.

Related items


* Required field