Phipps Bridge Road, Mitcham: Rats Castle, Pickles Corner
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||1909|
|Notes / History||Side view of old weather boarded house, located on the junction of Christchurch Road known as Pickles Corner, and what was part of Phipps Bridge Road (now Liberty Avenue).
Originally used by J. Meadows for textile bleaching, it became a confectionery shop later on (according to Tom Francis' memory). The house was named Rats Castle because of its derelict state and was demolished in 1961.