Mitcham Junction Station
Buy a copy
|Notes / History||The station was opened on 1st October 1868 with the opening of the Peckham Rye to Sutton line. Following the closure of the Wimbledon - West Croydon line in 1997 Mitcham Junction remained open as a station on the Sutton line. A new tram stop was built on the south side of the station with interchange facilities.
A 1926 view from the footbridge includes an up train from Sutton passing the Ladies Golf Club, access to which was via the wooden footbridge. The bay platform on the left was signalled for passenger trains and was intended for use by local services to West Croydon, which is via the track going straight ahead.