Mitcham Junction Railway Station
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Notes / History||The station opened with the Peckham Rye - Sutton Line on 1st October 1868.
Empty watercress hampers are on the left hand platform, awaiting return to Willow Farm.
Note the water column to the right of the signal post, used to replenish water tanks on the locos.
Also of note are the enamel signs, Maples & Co., Crowley's Ales etc.