Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1962|
|Copyright 1||Mr. F.P. Olney 42 Kenilworth Road Putney|
|Notes / History||Now listed and converted to offices, the main building is seen in 1962. A claim has been made for Mitcham as being the oldest continuously working station site in the world, the Surrey Iron Railway having been in use here since 1803.
The station is situated at the junction of London Road, Bishopsford Road and Morden Road.
Note the Crown Inn to the left of the station entrance.