Streatham Road Bridge,taken from Mitcham side
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1926|
|Notes / History||This photo was taken from the Mitcham side.
Petrol pumps of Blunt's Garage can be seen on the right. Behind the advertising hoarding was once a large pit from which the clay had been dug for brickmaking.
This bridge carries the railway line between Tooting and Streatham.
The Tooting, Merton and Wimbledon Railway was authorised to build a connecting line to Streatham Junction in 1864. The line opened in 1869.