Harriott's Farm, West Barnes: Showing Mr Harriott in the Farm Yard

Prints Temporarily Unavailable

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1890s
Area West Barnes
Picture Reference MerMor_​25_​15-3
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Tenant of Moat Farm from 1884, William Harriott had purchased a substantial estate covering some 306 acres by 1894. He built West Barnes House or Harriott’s Farm House (seen in the background) alongside West Barnes Lane and dedicated his life to farming in this area until just after the First World War. Burlington Road was then constructed to accommodate the new tram network. This development carved a broad swathe through this and numerous other local farms.

Related items

Comments

* Required field