Carters Tested Seeds: View of the main building
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1914|
|Notes / History||This is a promotional postcard for Carters Tested Seeds. Carters had an international reputation for horticultural prowess. In addition to cultivating seed and bulbs for flower crops and vegetables, they also supplied high quality grass seed for the Lords Cricket Ground, the All England Lawn Tennis Club and numerous golf clubs.
Carters had arrived at Raynes Park in 1910. They left in the 1960s after selling the trade name to Cuthbert’s Seeds. The land was sold to Merton Council and the Carters Housing Estate was built on the site, consisting of some 400 homes and a retirement complex.