Carters Tested Seeds: Trademark

Carters Tested Seeds: Trademark

Buy a print

Area Raynes Park
Picture Reference MerMor_​18_​6-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History In 1863 James Carter opened a retail outlet in High Holborn selling seeds to friends and a small circle of customers. The success of the business, led to the opening of a nursery in Forest Hill. This was followed by a move to a 19 acre site in West Barnes Lanes, Raynes Park. The name of Carters was sold to Cuthbert’s Seeds in 1966.

Related items

Comments

* Required field