Bradbury & Wilkinson print works, Burlington Road
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Printer, William Bradbury, founded this firm in 1824. His son, Henry, later formed a London based partnership with engineer, Robert W. Wilkinson.
The company moved to Merton in 1919, where it established this vast complex dedicated to security printing.
Bradbury & Wilkinson produced chequebooks, stamps, bonds and share certificates for many different countries. By the 1920s the firm was one of the largest local employers and production continued here until the 1980s. This building was eventually demolished and replaced by a Tesco superstore in 1987.