Carters Tested Seeds: Demolition of main building
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1968|
|Notes / History||This photograph shows the demolition of the premises formally owned by Carters. They had moved to
Raynes Park in 1910. In 1966, the firm was purchased by Cuthberts Seeds and the decision was taken to sell the Merton site. The land was sold to Merton Council in 1967 for the construction of new roads and housing known as ‘Carters Estate’.