Carters Tested Seeds: Main entrance and rose garden

Carters Tested Seeds: Main entrance and rose garden

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date September 1967
Area Raynes Park
Picture Reference MerMor_​18_​6-18
Original Format Photo
Notes / History This photograph shows the impressive show gardens and floral displays near the entrance to Carters Tested Seeds in the 1960s. This scene greeted many visitors and residents on the approach to Raynes Park. The colourful flower gardens and test beds surrounding the building were clearly visible from the rail line and made a strong impression on those who saw them.

Carters moved to Raynes Park in 1910 and the complex closed during the 1960s, when the name was sold to Cuthbert’s Seeds. In 1967 the land was sold and developed by Merton Council to form the Carters Estate.

Related items

Comments

* Required field