Buy a print
|Notes / History||Mitcham Brewery existed from 1767.
It was run by Attlees then
Thunder and Little, famous locally for ‘Mitcham Ales’, and had several owners and names including
‘Wandle Grove Brewery’ and
‘The Surrey Brewery’ until the early 1900s.. The site was then used for 50 years by Lactagol’s manufacturers of patent food, Shead brothers – potato packing and wholesale firm – and then Funnells of Sutton removals. It is now the planned site for the new
Mitcham Fire Station.
This photo shows the last remaining buildings after road widening in the late 1950s.