|Notes / History
||The mill was used to grind corn into flour until 1864. It was then acquired by Lord Spencer, lord of the manor of Wimbledon, who converted the building into several small cottages. By 1871, ownership had passed to the Commons Conservators and the dilapidated structure underwent major repairs. Restoration work has continued apace, with major refurbishment work funded by public appeals and private donations during the 1950s and 1960s. In 1976 the building was converted for use as a museum which continues to attract visitors from all over the world.