Harriott's Farm, West Barnes: Also known as Moat Farm
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1911|
|Notes / History||Tenant of Moat Farm from 1884, William Harriott had purchased a substantial estate covering some 306 acres by 1894. He built a fine house on the west side of West Barnes Lane and dedicated his life to farming in this area until just after the First World War.
It was then that Burlington Road was constructed to accommodate the new tram network. A development which carved a broad swathe through this and numerous other local farms.