Morden Hall Farm: Cattle in the River Wandle
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1910|
|Copyright 1||The Collectors Publishing Co.|
|Notes / History||Once part of the Garth family estate, the farm was purchased in 1868 by John Innes, the property developer responsible for the creation of Merton Park.
The farm comprised over 160 hectares of land to the west of Morden Road and north of London Road. Partly used for agriculture, the main interest was dairy farming.
Between 1866 and 1920, the Morden Hall Farm Dairy was managed by the White family, who had a number of shops in Merton and Wimbledon.
Taken over by United Dairies in the 1920s the farmland was sold and the farmhouse was demolished c.1930.