Parchment works, Beddington Corner
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||1st January 0001|
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1936|
|Copyright 1||London Borough of Merton|
|Photographer / Origin of Photo||Tom Francis|
|Notes / History||The Parchment Works took over the buildings used by the Tannery Works somewhere around the early 1900s. The works were situated on the west bank of the River Wandle and just north of Goat Road, Mitcham where Maynooth Gardens and Watermead Lane are situated. Nothing of the former works remain.
The Tannery Works use to pump water from the River Wandle as it sat back from the river bank.