Morden Hall Snuff Mills, Morden

Morden Hall Snuff Mills, Morden

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1949
Area Morden
Copyright 1 W.A. Cook
Picture Reference MerMor_​Houses_​Buildings_​MO_​18-1
Original Format Photograph
Notes / History There were two mill buildings as part of the Morden Hall Estate. They were used in the main to produce snuff. They were in use until 1922 when they were closed by Gilliat Hatfeild following a strike.

Each mill had its own waterwheel and these remained in place for a number of years after the closure of the mills. Finally one was removed and the other later had its puddles removed. These have since been put back in place.

Related items

Comments

* Required field