|Notes / History
||Littler moved to Merton from Waltham Abbey in 1831 and purchased two factories situated next to the Wandle at Merton Abbey. Here he established a thriving business, printing both wool and silk. In 1904, Littler's grandson sold the premises to Arthur Liberty, who demolished these old timber structures and built his printing works on the same site. The Liberty works was extremely successful and rapidly developed an international reputation. The Merton factory finally closed during the late twentieth century but the stylish designs are still sold through the famous Regent Street store.