Upper Green East, Mitcham

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1910
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Work_​Industry_​61-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Whilst it is believed this picture was taken in 1910 it may be from earlier around 1900. The Little Wonder dining rooms were a early take-away. Supplying pea soup by the jug. It also served meals in house. The confectionery shop is shown here with the name F.Woods. However it is known to have been ran by George Bennett who was known to his friends as 'Activity Bennett' because of his involvement in a number of different things from photography to bike repairs. Ruff's Boot & Shoe Shop is next door. Albert or Alf Ruff owned both shops and it is possible that F.Woods was the name of his in-laws. The last shop is R.Munday's, a tailor and gentleman's outfitters.

Related items

Comments

* Required field