Davis' Greengrocers, Mitcham

Buy a print

Date Photo Taken 4th March 1978
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 David L. Magee
Picture Reference Mit_​Work_​Industry_​41-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History It is possible that the business was started by George Davis who is shown as a Greengrocer in the 1905/06 Kelly's directory. By 1915/16 it had become Davis, G.W. & Son. The shop was located at 41 Upper Green East, Mitcham. The 1978 Merton telephone directory lists them as Davis Fruiterers Ltd. As Davis' Greengrocers this picture shows their last day of trading on 4th March 1978. Therefore closing after being in business for 80 years. The possibility is that George Davis may have taken over an existing business when he started up.

Related items

Comments

* Required field