Deer Park Road, Merton: Factories
Buy a copy
|Notes / History
|Part of the Merton Industrial Estate/Lombard Business Park built on what was Nelson’s Fields. The estate extends from Morden Road in the west to the River Wandle in the east and from the tram line in the south to just above Merantun Way in the north. Built and developed in the 1920’s the estate was home to a number of well know names. The largest of these was Lines Brothers’ Tri-ang Works and it was a shock when this closed in 1972.
This picture shows the British Sewing Machines Company who used the building now occupied by BOC Gases.