Lancaster & Co, Benedict Wharf, Benedict Road, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1921|
|Copyright 1||Mr E G Clothier|
|Notes / History||This photograph was taken at Benedict Wharf but this company of haulage contractors occupied a number of premises in Mitcham.
In the 1891 Kelly’s they are shown as Lancaster, Walter contractor in Fountain Road. In the 1910/11 issue they are shown at Fountain Road and Morden Road, Mitcham. They first appearance at Benedict Road is in the 1912/13 issue of Kelly’s.
They were at Benedict Wharf until the 1960’s. Their fleet of tipper lorries were green for coal and blue for haulage.