J F Renshaw & Co, Mitcham

J F Renshaw & Co, Mitcham

Buy a print

Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Sport & General Press Agency Ltd
Picture Reference Mit_​Work_​Industry_​9-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History John Renshaw & Co Ltd were confectionery manufacturers. They occupied a site in North Mitcham formally known as ‘The Five Acres’. They purchased the land from
James Pain and Sons. The corner plot opposite Lock’s Farm Lane fronting Streatham Road is known collectively as Renshaw’s Corner.
Founded in 1898 they moved to Mitcham in 1920. They employed around 400 people. The Mitcham factory closed in 1990.
This photograph shows
Mr Jimmy Austin the New Zealand High Commissioner and Mr Alick Renshaw with a cake to celebrate the Centenary of New Zealand in 1939.

Related items

Comments

* Required field