Cannon Hill Farm House
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1913|
|Copyright 1||Robin Guy|
|Notes / History||Cannon Hill Farm, Raynes Park, c.1913.
This was a Victorian property, first mentioned in the 1871 census in connection with the Thornton family, who had amassed a fortune as traders and landowners. During the late 19th century, the farm was rented by William Rayne, whose family owned and managed several farms in the surrounding area. A relative small structure, the farmhouse stood on the west side of Cannon Hill Lane. Just a few years after this photo was taken, the buildings were demolished to make way for the Wimbledon –Sutton Railway line. Much of the farmland was later developed to form the Whatley estate.