Crown and Grove Mills, Mitcham Bridge
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||1st January 0001|
|Notes / History||This pictures the two mills on the east bank of the River Wandle at Mitcham Bridge along with the mill workers cottages now better known as the Fisheries Cottages. Crown Mill can be seen in the centre of the picture and Grove Mill to the left.
The original Grove Mill was destroyed by fire in 1907 and rebuilt. It is now a block of flats. Crown Mill was destroyed by fire in 1964. Whilst the mill was not rebuilt a building has since been built in a similar design that comprises a number of flats.