Bourne's House

Bourne's House

Buy a print

Picture Reference Mit_​25_​1-12
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Henry 'Harry' Bourne was the Water Bailiff of a
short-lived private angling association the 'Wandle Fisheries Association'. He lived as a tenant at was then Wandle Cottage,
475 London Road, Mitcham from 1895 until 1906. This was one of three former mill cottages that were associated with Crown Mill. They later become known as the 'Fisheries Cottages' and still remain today. After leaving Wandle Cottage he become the groundsman and umpire for Mitcham Cricket Club.

Related items

Comments

* Required field