Merton High Street, No. 113: Lampert's Ironmongers

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1953
Area Merton
Copyright 1 W.A. Cook
Picture Reference MerMor_​Streets_​MER_​MER_​31-26
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The firm was orginally a blacksmiths, founded during the mid nineteenth century. William Walter Lampert was later listed as a whitesmith; bellhanger; a gas, electrical and hot water fitter. A respected member of the parish council, he was also treasurer to the local lighting inspector. During the 1970s, the family firm moved to Pincott Road. It continued to trade until 2007.

Related items

Comments

* Required field