< Prev

Wimbledon Technical Institute, Gladstone Road

Wimbledon Technical Institute, Gladstone Road

Buy a print

Area Wimbledon
Copyright 1 C Degen
Picture Reference Wim_​32_​9-3
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Wimbledon Technical Institute opened in 1903, and offered a range of instructional classes. For example, Wimbledon College of Art got its start in the Wimbledon Technical Institute, as its art classes were taught in the building from 1904-1920. The school later changed its name to Wimbledon Technical College, and was later known as Merton Technical College, until the school closed. The Gladstone Road building was knocked down in 1989 and replaced with flats.

Related items

Comments

* Required field