Catherine Gladstone Convalescent Home, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Copyright 1||J.J. Kenyon, Mitcham|
|Notes / History||Built in 1864, Ravensbury Park House was home to the family of Rail Engineer, George Park Bidder.
In 1900, the property in Bishopford Road, (between Pollard Road and Seddon Road), was converted to a convalescent home, and was named after its founder, the wife of Prime Minister,
During the First World War, the building was one of the many military hospitals operating in the Merton area.
It remained in use as a convalescent home for women and children during the interwar years.