London Road, Mitcham: Morden Mill
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1900|
|Copyright 1||Phox studios|
|Notes / History||On the right can be seen the former snuff mill on what is now part of the National Trust Watermeads nature area. This belonged to Richard Glover and was built around 1804. The mill was demolished for safety reasons in 1922. Also known as Morden Mill and the area as Morden Mill Meadow it was given to the National Trust by the Urban District Council of Merton and Morden in 1965.
The cottage in the background is one of the three that form the Fisheries Cottages formerly mill workers homes.