Army Camp, Wimbledon Common

Carved in Stone

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1916
Area Wimbledon Village
Picture Reference Wim_​17_​1-40
Original Format Photo
Notes / History World War 2 meant that camps had to be provided for enlisted troops to live in whilst being trained. 200 acres of Wimbledon Common were closed to the public and huts plus bayonet training and rifle shooting ranges were built.

Related items

Comments

* Required field