Army Camp, Wimbledon Common

Carved in Stone

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1916
Area Wimbledon Village
Picture Reference Wim_​17_​1-41
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The camp on Wimbledon Common was built late 1915 to house soldiers before they were posted abroad. It included huts used for accommodation and health and welfare as well as recreation huts. Voluntary organisations raised money to provide the structure and contents of the recreation huts.

Related items


* Required field