Carters Tested Seeds: Trademark
Buy a copy
|Notes / History||In 1863 James Carter opened a retail outlet in High Holborn selling seeds to friends and a small circle of customers. The success of the business, led to the opening of a nursery in Forest Hill.
This was followed by a move to a 19 acre site in West Barnes Lanes,
Raynes Park. The name of Carters was sold to Cuthbert’s Seeds in 1966.