Kingston Road: Merton Park Garage
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1934|
|Notes / History||It was originally known as Merton Park Garage. They had been founded to pull broken down vehicles off the new Kingston bypass (A3) during the 1920s and '30s. By the 1950s the garage was known as Berry & Co. They did a fine trade in the new, sleeker models of cars.
There is still a car salesroom on the site today. However little, if anything, of the originally building now exists.