Hall & Co, Willow Lane, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||1st May 1958|
|Copyright 1||News & Mercury|
|Notes / History||Hall & Co were one of the first companies on the Willow Lane Estate having moved there in the mid-1930’s. The company left its mark on the area in the form of gravel pits which were subsequently back filled. The site is now the Willow Lane Industrial Estate.
Photograph shows the opening of new equipment on what was known as the Surecrete Works by the Minister of Works Mr Hugh Melson. At the event was Mayor T.J. Higgs, Company President Joseph Hall and Mr M.W.Hall (Chairman).
Hall & Co were later taken over by Ready Mixed Concrete in the 1970’s.